Sunday 16 October 2011

In a blink

So im just going to do a quick little blog tonight.  I wasnt going to do one, but i have read a couple of blogs tonight that happen to have been done by friends of mine.  
So i read them, which got me thinking and then i got up to go wash some bottles for my baby so that i have enough bottles with water in them for tonight and most of tomorrow, where once again at about the same time i shall wash them and refill them with clean boiled water.  And so the process goes each night.

As i was going through this nightly ritual, i wont lie...i do not like doing it.  Then i got to thinking about my eldest son.  C is 2 now.  I most likely started thinking about him as some of the bottles i was washing had his name on them from when he was a baby.

There it is.  Those few key words in the above paragraph.  WHEN. HE. WAS. A. BABY.  Because he isnt a baby anymore.   So then the train of thoughts just gets going.
Today was a really hot day.  36 degrees or something stupid like that.  I hate hot weather so i could have been on the surface of the sun, makes no difference.  I sweat at the thought of heat.  I digress, today was a really hot day.  A first for my youngest son K.
Today was the first day in his whole life that he had experienced such a hot day.  The FIRST.   Isnt it sad that our daily lives are so focused on the goal that we miss so much with our babies.  C is 2 and its now i realise that a lot of his first's are over, and i probably missed them all.  Not to say that i wasnt there for them all, but did i pay any attention?

I often think as i sit there with K on my knee and he wraps his chubby little fingers around my finger, i always marvel at the feel of his skin.  How soft it is.  The skin on his entire body is only 5 months old.
C's skin is now 2 and although it is so much softer than mine, its not as soft as K's.
Am i thinking this because the time for me to go back to work is lurking just around the corner?  Am i willingly handing over K's first's aswell?

So in a blink of an eye, C has gone from being a baby to a little boy.  Gosh how fast did it go by?  I now look at K and even though he is still a baby i now have the experience of knowing that it is but a moment in his life. One that i know i dont want to let go of.  Because these moments turn into memories and then in 2 years time, what they are both like now will be just that.  A memory.  And i will be standing there thinking that it was over in the blink of an eye.

Both my babies are sleeping right now as i sit here almost in tears.  All i want to do is go in and hold them to me.  Never let go.  I wish that they could understand the magnitude of love i have for them.  That i wish to keep my eyes open.....

No comments:

Post a Comment